Today, Lloyd’s Agencies form the world’s most extensive surveying and adjusting network. There are more than 680 Lloyd’s Agents and Sub-Agents located in 175 countries around the world. They provide
24-hour year-round services to the global insurance industry and its customers.
Lloyd’s Agents are appointed on the basis of their:
- Proven expertise and experience in marine surveying, particularly cargo. Their skills also extend to other classes such as non-marine, aviation and even personal lines such as travel insurance.
- Expertise, integrity and local standing. Lloyd’s Agencies are generally well-established businesses and enjoy excellent reputations in their local communities.
- Willingness to comply with stringent service levels when conducting surveys or adjusting claims, thereby ensuring that their customers receive the highest standard of service.
- Participation in the continuous training and development programmes managed by the Lloyd’s Agency Department in London. These are aimed primarily at improving the basic skills of cargo surveyors. Additional initiatives are continually being introduced in order to enhance existing skills to ensure that Lloyd’s Agencies meet the insurance and trade demands of the 21st century.
- Access to in-house staff surveyors and detailed knowledge of local independent experts for cases when specialist knowledge is needed.